Sharing is caring: GracefulTouch.org/blog/curry
Pampered Chef Independent Consultant
Like our FB Healthy Kitchen Page @ www.facebook.com/GTHealthyKitchen/
- ½” (1-cm) piece fresh gingerroot
- ½ medium head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 cups/500 mL florets)
- 1 can (14.5 oz./411 g) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- ¼ cup (60 mL) raw unsalted cashews
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ small onion, quartered
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) ground coriander
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1¼ tsp (6 mL) salt
- Optional: ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) basmati rice
- 2 cups (500 mL) water, plus additional for soaking
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 can (15.5 oz./411 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped cashews
- Grate the ginger with the Microplane® Zester to measure ½ tsp (2 mL). Add the ginger and remaining curry ingredients (excluding the add-ins) to the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Replace and lock the lid. Turn the wheel to select the HEATED PUREE setting; press the wheel to start.
- Add the rice to a medium bowl and add water to cover. Let the rice soak for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse the rice with the Fine Mesh Strainer.
- Add the rice, water, oil, and salt to the 3-qt. (3-L) Micro‑Cooker® Plus. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 15 minutes.
- Let the rice stand, covered, for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- When the timer on the blender is up, press CANCEL. Remove the vented lid cap and carefully add the add-ins. Replace the cap and press the PULSE button once or twice to combine.
- Serve the curry over the rice and garnish with cilantro and cashews.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 920 mg, Carbohydrate 51 g, Fiber 7 g, Total Sugars 8 g (includes 1 g added sugars), Protein 11 g
Top Ingredient Benefits
- Cauliflower contains more than enough vitamin C and therefore including it in your diet is a sure way to boost your immune system.
- Garlic is an excellent source of vitamin B6 known to fight common sickness, including Common Cold and blood pressure.
Yummy Recipe Categories
Benefits of This Recipe
The cauliflower Curry recipe contains almost every nutrient that the human body needs. It is well balanced with protein, vitamin starch, and this remains one of the dishes that can assure you of good health. To clearly show this recipe’s benefits, we will break down the ingredients used, highlighting each’s benefits.
Ginger remains one of the famous spices in the globe and more so in Southeast Asia. Its health benefits include its antioxidant effect and anti-inflammatory characteristics. Inflammation is a prevalent condition for people living with arthritis and other chronic illness, and therefore having gingerroot in a diet is essential.
Whenever there is a discussion on the best natural products to improve human health, you can be sure to have garlic in the basket. Garlic is rich in nutrients, and it has low amounts of calories. Garlic is known to fight common sickness, including Common Cold and blood pressure. The Active Compounds present in garlic products are in charge of lowering high blood pressure.
If you think rice is just rice, you might be wrong. Basmati rice is a unique rice species with its origin in India and can either be white or brown. This species is famous because of the attractive aroma it produces when being cooked. What makes this rice species different from others is its high nutrition levels since it contains carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, and less fat.
Peas are a good source of vitamins C and E, zinc, and other antioxidants that strengthen your immune system. Frozen peas are also rich in vitamin A and B, coumestrol and therefore it can help in reducing inflammation caused by conditions such as arthritis.
Chickpeas are rich in fiber, minerals, and vitamins and therefore they can help in improving the digestion system. The presence of different vitamins helps in improving the overall health of your body. Chickpeas also help in building your body since it has significant protein and that why is preferred by vegetarians.
Olive oil is a famous diet in the Mediterranean diet and it is known to strengthen the heart by providing healthy fat. Its richness in monounsaturated fat makes the ingredient very powerful especially in the modern world where heart diseases have increased. Olive oils also help in the management of stress, blood pressure, and inflammation.
Cauliflower contains more than enough vitamin C and therefore including it in your diet is a sure way to boost your immune system. Another feature that makes this ingredient powerful is the ability to repair DNA through the help of collage and serotonin
A great recipe should always include vegetables and fruit since they contain low amounts of calories, but the nutrient is dense. This does not mean ignoring other food categories such as protein and starch since they are also essential in the human body. Unlike other recipes where a specific type of food dominates the rest, the cauliflower Curry recipe ensures a proper balance is maintained. It is always advisable to ensure your dish is packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber if at all you want to live a healthy life.
Latest posts by LMT Guy Siverson (see all)
- Creamed Brussels Sprouts - April 15, 2021
- Bright Broccoli - April 15, 2021
- How Can Massage Therapy Effectively Combat Depression - April 11, 2021